Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend in Roma II - There's a Mall!


I had a very quiet weekend this go around. I was still recovering from the flu that I had earlier in the week and decided to take it easy. I didn't do a whole lot over the weekend.
My fellow students had informed me that there was a mall near where I'm living. A mall? In Rome? I didn't believe it. They told me to just take my bus out about 15 minutes past my typical stop and I would see it. "You can't miss it," they said. I got on the bus Saturday morning and made my way. I kept doubting that I knew where I was going until "TADA", there it was. It is huge!! Apparently it is one of the biggest malls in Europe.
I made my way into the mall, and as I entered I was overcome with joy. I was so happy to be in the presence of something that felt so much like home. Immediately upon entering there were a boat load of restaurants. Food Court?? I began walking through the mall, taking it all in and noticing what stores were there. Nike. North Face. Sephora. Ah. Home. In all reality, I don't love malls. I rarely shop at them and tend to run through them accomplishing my task as fast as possible so that I can leave quickly. However, I lingered in this mall for hours. I wandered around and around the halls. I got lost a couple of times. I found an H&M. Hooray!
I had also heard that there was a big grocery store with employees on roller skates. I found the store. It was the size of Costco. The aisle for biscotti alone was tremendous. See Photo.

Unfortunately I couldn't nab a photo of the speedy roller girls.

I also made my way to Villa Borghese this weekend. It was so lovely. I hadn't been before and I think I'll go back again and wander around again. It was really so peaceful and beautiful. I didn't know where to go or what to see there and I stumbled upon the lake where people can rent little row boats and make their way around the lake. It made my day. It was so fantastic. I might have to rent a boat one day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, you haven't wasted any time getting to know your classmates and living it up in Roma! Are you feeling better now that you're on a schedule? Flu, ick! Have some Italian Wedding Soup. Buy yourself some flowers. Drink lots of Limoncello. Miss you sweetie. Hope you're having fun! Chico sends his regards...