Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Praha - the cold

Well I've been freezing my butt off in Prague for the last day. I really started to wonder if I had a hole in the backside of my jeans because my butt was so cold. I didn't wear my thermals today because I wasn't sure that they'd fit under my jeans but I think tomorrow I will have to pour myself into the jeans - thermals and all. It is too cold to go without.
This subject of "cold" has been on my mind all day. It is perhaps because I was in it all day. I decided to pay for a walking tour of the Prague Castle.

I could have easily done this on my own but I'm really glad I did the tour. It ended up being a private tour - just me and my guide Michelle. She was very fun and we had a good time taking it all in and poking fun here and there. However, the tour was spent all outside (2 hours) and I was really frozen by the time it ended. She pointed me in the direction of a cafe at the end where I could get something warm to drink. I opted for a Prague specialty...mulled wine. This definitely thawed me out a bit but it took two of them. I'm starting to understand the popularity that another alcoholic beverage has here. Absinth is legal here. I've only attempted to taste this once before but I could hardly get my mouth near the glass without burning my nose hairs off. The stuff is foul. I'm not sure why anyone would drink it because they like it. However, I'm starting to think that if I have a glass I might believe that I am in the desert and instantly I will forget that it is so cold.

1 comment:

Jae Ellard said...

That night at dinner with Britt, Karmen and I - I seem to recall a converstaion about a long warm coat - but what about it I cant recall... :) Hope your butt warms up my friend! Happy travels.